Can’t find what your are looking for? Contact Us.
What is the Armstrong Dads Club?
The Armstrong Dads Club is an organization that exists to support bringing our community’s children through their years at Armstrong. In addition to financially supporting the school through funding special projects and historically underfunded programs, The Club provides a mechanism to connect Dads with their kids, connect with other parents, and foster a sense of community within the school. It is all volunteer based and lead by a volunteer executive committee.
What if my child’s biological dad is not a part of his or her life?
You do not need to be an Armstrong student’s biological dad to be in the club. Our club is made up of biological dads, stepdads, granddads, uncles, God dads, and other father figures.
What activities does the Armstrong Dads club do?
The Dads Club provides volunteers to support the schools in many ways. Some of the projects and events we have supported include:
- Special classroom projects and technology applications for teachers
- Funding the Armstrong playground
- Designed and built the outdoor lunch commons and eating area
- Planting trees and beautifying the school grounds
- Making Snow Cones for the kids on first and last day of school
- Running the morning carpool greeter program
- Serving lunch on Dads Day in the Armstrong cafeteria
- Reading to classrooms during Dr. Suess Reading Week
- Providing teacher and staff appreciation lunches and gifts
- Staffing the Bike Rodeo
- Producing the Dads Club 3rd and 4th Grade Talent Show
- The Daddy/Daughter winter dance
- Breakfast guest speakers
The Dads Club also hosts other events for its members including happy hours, the annual Corn Hole Tournament, SMU Tailgating, the Dads Club Sporting Clay Tournament , The Central Dads Club Golf Tournament, and the district Dads Softball Tournament.
As events and activities become available, a schedule will be posted on this site, distributed via email to Dads Club members, and included in the weekly Armstrong Eblast.
How do I join?
The easiest way to join is through Back to School Signup in August. You can also join through the Member Registration page on this website, or by contacting Jeff Brooks at (214) 460-2772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I volunteer?
Watch for links to volunteer sign-ups in our email distribution or on the volunteer page of this website.
What if I still have questions or want to make a comment?
We love to hear from you! Please email or call Jeff Brooks at (214) 460-2772 or email@example.com.